Okay, these aren't really food facts, they're really just facts about me and food. Some of my quirks. Because why not end NaBloPoMo with something completely random?
1) I don't prepare food on directly on the counter. Ever. I know some people who make sandwiches or butter toast without a plate. I am not those people.
2) I rarely eat directly from the container. (The obvious exception being single serving containers.) I put my chips on a plate; I put my ice cream in a bowl; I even eat goldfish crackers out of a little dish.
3) I don't serve from pots and pans at the table. Either things get dished to plates in the kitchen, or everything gets put in serving dishes and put on the table. I just don't like the way pots and pans on the table looks.
4) I always, ALWAYS grate my own cheese. Pre-grated cheese is a) more expensive and b) gross. Plus it doesn't melt right. (Okay, pre-grated mozzarella is alright. But never cheddar!)
5) I rarely buy pre-made cookie dough because I think cookies from scratch are SO much better, but I almost always use box mixes for cakes and brownies. I guess I'm just to lazy to make those from scratch?
Any random food facts you want to share?