So. I'm going to Austin this weekend. I'm going for the Blathering and I'm super excited to get to meet the editors of Food Lush and Style Lush as well as all the other lovely ladies who will be there.
Anyway, many of the attendees (doesn't that make this whole thing sound formal?) are putting up these lists: 13 things to know about me before you meet me in person. So I'm copying.
1) I am sarcastic much of the time. If you're not sure if I'm joking or not, I probably am. Don't let that throw you off.
2) I rarely watch TV other than re-watching old series on Netflix or DVD, so if you start talking about current television I will most likely be totally lost.
3) I am a nerd or geek or whatever you want to call it. I mean, I have an engineering degree from an engineering school. And I've watched every episode of Stargate SG1. And the X-Files. If that doesn't all scream "NERDY GIRL" I don't know what does.
4) I would be more concerned about what to pack/wear except that I only have about 3 shirts that will be weather appropriate. I will have a much larger wardrobe at the end of next week, but right now my sister (who just had her baby 5 days ago!) has most of my maternity clothes. All I have are the ones I talked her out of when I was in Denver a few weeks ago. So, fewer decisions for me to make!
5) I have a pretty good memory for names and faces, and I'm really hoping that helps me out in meeting everyone this weekend. However, I know that my name is unusual (and therefore sometimes hard to remember) and I won't be offended if you ask me repeatedly what my name is or how to say it. I'm used to it.
6) I tend to be shy, especially in large groups. This makes me a little nervous about this weekend. Okay, a lot nervous. I'll try to remember all my rush training from back in my Alpha Phi days to help me get through. And before you think-- shouldn't being in a sorority have made you more comfortable in big groups? The answer is no. The school I went to is small, and only 25% of the student population is female, so while I was there sorority ceiling was like 45 members.
7) Although I lived in Texas for 3 1/2 years I never made it to Austin. I'm looking forward to rectifying that this weekend.
8) I intend to blame this pregnancy for all the eating I do. Don't get me wrong, I would do all the eating either way, I'm just using being pregnant as an excuse.
9) My sisters used to complain all the time that I mumble. I'm not sure if I still do or not, but feel free to call me on it if I am.
10) I love karaoke, so if you need a buddy I'll totally sing with you. Provided I know the song. Which leads to...
11) I have a knack for memorizing song lyrics and movie quotes. Actually, it's not just me, it's genetic. All 4 of my siblings have the same skill
12) If the weather is as nice as it's supposed to be, I'll probably wear flip flops all weekend. As much as my sister has tried to educate me in the ways of fashion I choose comfort over style almost every time.
13) I'm really excited about this whole thing.
There you have it. And readers who already know me in real life, are there any big things I missed?