Today is our two year anniversary. Here we are after getting married:
Since it's our anniversary, here is the "how your met your husband" survey. (I stole this from Jule's blog cause it's so fun!) Here goes.
1. Where did you meet your husband? At a birthday party for someone neither of us knew. I got taken there by a date who ditched me, Brian got taken there by a friend who ditched him and neither of us knew anybody so we talked to each other.
2. What was the first thing said? This was our first conversation (after introductions):
Me: So are you from Grand Junction?
Brian: You mean did I grow up here or did I go to high school here?
Me: Either one.
Pretty much the best conversation ever.
3. What was your first date? We had dinner at a little mexican place, Conchita's, and then watched The Thomas Crown Affair at his apartment.
4. How long did you date? We dated for 8 1/2 months before we got engaged, and we were engaged for 2 whole weeks before we got married, so 9 months.
5. First kiss? On his front porch after our first date. It was very nice:)
6. Where did you get engaged? Sitting on the floor of my apartment in Midland while eating meat fondue. He proposed in the middle of dinner-- he had the ring and he said it was making him nervous to wait.
7. Where did you get married? In his parent's backyard. I went wedding dress shopping once after we got engaged and I realized the planning a wedding was NOT something I wanted to do. So we said, hey, we're going to be in Grand Junction this weekend, both families (minus some siblings) live there and we still have Colorado IDs, let's just do it while we're there! We made that decision on a Tuesday night, drove home the next day, told my mom when we got there, told his parents Thursday morning and got married Friday afternoon. And Friday night we saw Alan Jackson in concert. Every time I think about everything that goes in to planning a wedding I'm glad we did it this way:)
8. How did the reception go? We didn't have one! We just sent out wedding announcements after the fact and that was that. Another excellent choice in my opinion.
9. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Tahiti-- specifically Moorea and Bora Bora. By far the most relaxing vacation I have ever been on. I would do it again in a heartbeat.